My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's a Jungle Out There!

A snowy jungle, that is! It has snowed ALL DAY here! 2 feet of new snow, and counting. You would think it would make for great quilting, but instead it makes for insanity. This afternoon, there were 3 chip trucks blocking the highway in front of the quilt shop. Even Monte's 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup was stuck in the middle of our home street today. And just to prove that he's a moron, once the pickup was out Monte wasted no time burying it in my Mom and Dad's driveway, where it remains right now.
"I almost made it," he claims. Seriously, this is not the case. My Mom's driveway is maybe 500 yards long, and his pickup is stuck about 50 yards in. I think Monte and I have a different definition of "almost."
If it's not already bad enough, check out this 10-day forecast:Deary Weather. I love the ad at the bottom, "This weather brought to you by Visit Florida." That's just cruel.

Well, back to the quilting machine. I've downloaded my first audiobook, A New Earth, which I'm listening to as I quilt. With all the chaos around here, I didn't get nearly as much quilting done as I thought I would. Off to work!

No comments: