My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Monday, January 28, 2008

It's Official, I Suck at Bowling!

I know, you're thinking it can't be THAT bad right? Actually, it can! I bowled a whopping 66! Compare that to Kylee's 99, Bailey's 98, and Will's 88, and you get the picture. To my credit, I think the last time I bowled was some time around 1996. However, this is a prime example of why I DO NOT play sports.

The kid's had a great time. We went to Zeppoz in Pullman and bowled 1 game, which only took about an hour. Will was the break-out star. About half way through the game, after watching us and the people around us, he got the hang of it and started running and throwing the ball. Even though his hand's don't fit the finger holes, he was actually doing really well. Even Kylee couldn't roll it as fast as Will, and every one around us was getting a kick out of watching him. He's not even taller than the ball return, so it was pretty comical. I'm sure we'll do it again, so maybe next time I won't forget the camera!

On the way home we stopped for groceries and spent $225.00!!! Monte complained the entire time about how I wouldn't buy any pop, chips, candy bars, etc. All Junk food. Monte can eat 8000 calories/day and not gain a pound, so this is the routine every time we grocery shop. He looked at me like I was crazy when I said that according to my list this was going to last us 2 weeks. Then he saw the bill, which shut him right up! What's sad is that I will surely be making small trips to the store in between 2 weeks, so our grocery bill is actually quite a bit higher. I am scared to know what I will be spending in 5 years, when the kids are that much bigger!

Tonight I am making Chicken Cacciatore Pronto for dinner. I got a new Kraft Foods magazine last week, so I planned a lot of meals for the next 2 weeks. I'll let you know how it is tomorrow!

No comments: