My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Low Down on Quilt Market

International Quilt Market happens twice a year, in October and May. This May was my second market, and it was just as good as the first! Here are some pics of what Market looks like. It is huge, with almost 30 isles of 10-20 vendors each!

We spent all of Saturday and Sunday browsing and shopping the booths full of quilter's eye candy. This Spring, there was a definate trend toward both aprons and bags. They were everywhere! Alice will be wearing a new apron soon! I've also started making some new samples of various bags for the shop. This includes the new Eco Market Tote and the The Lunch Bag.
Saturday evening, we made the short drive to E.E. Schenck's Portland warehouse for an open shopping night. It was insanely busy, with wall to wall people! Here is a picture of the chaos:
I already posted earlier about G.E. Designs' new stuff. Here is a picture of their booth:
There's lots more to tell, this is just a starter entry of the happenings at Market!

No comments: