My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

One Border Left, Sunflower Hill, and Needlepunch

First things first, here's my Comforts of Home! One border left, a 5" red border, and the top will be finished. Kits will include similar fabrics, from Kansas Troubles and Buggy Barn, as well as the wool bundle for the applique.

Next stop, Sunflower Hill! I received my shop packet for this new block of the month program, and plan to start my sample quilt next week, as soon as the fabrics arrive. If you remember Garden Friends, you'll remember how beautiful these quilts are in real. Kits will begin shipping in June or July, and the fabric for these is hard to come by, so first come, first served! Sign up now or risk losing your chance to make a beautiful heirloom.

And finally.......my newest venture, Needle Punch. Also referred to as Punchneedle, this is a fun new craft I'm trying out. I've uploaded the available supplies and patterns, as well as my full stock of DMC floss, available online or in the store now! I'm trying out the Spring project as my first attempt, and will be sharing it at this month's Moda University meeting. So far, it's fairly easy to pick up, but takes a little while to adjust to the proper technique. Sufice it to say, my first section looks a little rough, but each section keeps getting better! It's quite addictive, and my 12 year old daughter has been eye balling it and asking questions. Maybe I'll have her whipping up some Needle Punch samples soon!

No comments: