My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Don't Mess With Me This Week

I haven't been writing on here lately, as I'm sure you have all noticed. I'm having a very hard time being cheerful these days, so I've been avoiding writing to spare you all. I will spare you all from my private life, which has become the mother of all country songs lately. Instead, here is what's going on at the shop as of late:

My quilting machine had the big one (again) last week, midway through a twin sized quilt, and had to be taken to emergency care. It is currently being resusitated by the closest dealer/mechanic, who happens to be a two hour drive away and slow to boot. I am not very patient to begin with, and looking at my mountain of quilts every day is not making me any more so. I haven't yelled at the repairman on the phone........yet.

Some of the new Roses de Noel line is starting to trickle into the store. I received the charm packs last week, but am waiting to upload them online until the fabrics arrive. With the month I'm having, they'd better not short me on my order or someone will definately hear about it!

I am continuing to work on the Sunflower Hill BOM sample. I finished all of the buildings last night, and am now buttonhole stitching the sunflower blocks that go in between. Then it's on to the rail fence border for the big finish! (hopefully soon)

My mom made a fantastic sample quilt from the new Flourish fabrics, which I'll try to upload a picture of later. It is from the new Anka's Treasure's book, Stop, Drop & Roll, and it was super fast. My mom pieced, quilted, and added binding in a week! Picture coming soon...

No comments: