My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Who's Ready for a Quilt Challenge With Me?

I am so excited!!!

At the end of each year, Moda sends me a calendar planner as a thank you for carrying their fabric.  This year's planner has a beautiful outside cover that is a quilt made with a Collection for a Cause fabric line. These fabric lines are unique because each collection donates its profits for a different cause.

But, what really sets this quilt apart is the design. It's a beautiful star quilt, complete with set-in seams. The fabric line is reproduction done in a civil-war style. Many times I've looked at my calendar and thought, wouldn't it be awesome if I could find that pattern!

Imagine my surprise when, while browsing online for something else entirely, I ran across Moda's kits for the exact same quilt!  I didn't know exactly what to expect, the kits will be priced at $149.99, so I was a little nervous about how many I can sell, but I hurried and added 4 of them to my order. One for me, and 3 for customers who might love it as much as I do.

Today the kits arrived, and They.....Are......Awesome!!!! My girls think I'm crazy because I am so excited by a quilt kit, but the kits are gorgeous! They are boxed in a fabulous matching, quality gift box. They contain a giant stack of layer cake squares, a jelly roll, background fabrics, and an even more giant stack of charm squares. Plus, full color directions. Everything but backing is in there!

Yes, this quilt in all of it's glory does require set-in seams. Those can be a little scary. But, I'm up for the challenge. Maybe some of you are up for a challenge to! If you are, don't delay. I only have 3 kits to sell, and although I might still be able to get more I wouldn't bet on it.  Plus, Habitat for Humanity will receive the proceeds from any sale of this fabric collection, including this kit.

So, if you're ready to take on a challenging quilt for a huge payoff, this is the quilt for you!

Get Your Warmth Quilt Kit here!

No comments: