My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Survived Another Field Trip

We're back from Silverwood, and I'm still alive, barely. Why is it that I forget how much walking and work that really is? And why, tell me why, did I agree to that 3 days before I get to walk through Quilt Market??? I'm such a wimp, and not very good at being physically uncomfortable. It was cool yesterday, I was cold, my legs were tired, and since getting sick on the plane, I don't like motion rides. Perhaps this isn't the field trip for me? If I start talking next year about going, someone please comment and remind me about this post!
On the up side, the weather here is supposed to be beautiful this weekend. High 80's and full sun. Of course, I'm out of town, which seems to happen every time we get some decent weather. My kids are ecstatic, practically jumping up and down with joy at the thought of wearing shorts. Will did a double take when I picked out shorts and a t-shirt this morning for him. "Kylee! I get to wear shorts......and short sleeves!" he shouted. It was a far cry from yesterday, when he came stomping down the hall with pants in hand, saying, "Mom - I didn't choose these stupid pants!"
I'll be busy today, tying up loose ends before Market. There are plenty of them, too! My car needs an oil change, I need to pack, there's a mountain of laundry the size of Everest, and I have to finish at least 1 more quilt before I go. There's also bills to pay, phone calls to make, food to pre-prepare, and organization that needs to happen. Yes, you're right, I don't have a prayer!

No comments: