My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Warning:Make at your own risk!


I had a moment of weakness at the grocery store yesterday. Actually, a few moments of weakness in a few different aisles, and when I left I had all the ingredients to make really good Chocolate Oat Bars. I found this recipe almost 10 years ago in a recipe book of my mom's, and I've made them so many times since I have the recipe memorized. I'm not much of a baker, so that's saying a lot!

If you're up for some major acne breakouts and instant weight gain, whip up a batch of your own! They only take about 10 minutes, which is why they're so dangerous! Here's how:

Melt 1 cup of butter. Add a tsp. of vanilla and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Stir until the sugar is mostly disolved.

To this, add about 3 cups of uncooked oats. I use Quaker Oats. Cook this mixture on low about 3 minutes. You may need to add more or less oats, just add enough to soak up almost all of the butter mixture.

While that cooks on low, spray a 9x9 glass pan with Pam. Add 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to a new pan and turn on low to melt.

Press about 1/2 to 2/3 of the oats mixture into the bottom of the glass pan. Be sure to stir the chocolate too, so it doesn't burn.

When almost all the chips are melted, add 1/2 cup of peanut butter and melt into the chocolate. Stir until smooth. Then, pour this into the glass pan.

Sprinkle/crumble the remaining oat mixture on top of the chocolate. Then, refrigerate until firm.

That's all there is to it. While it firms up, I recommend stocking up on acne wash!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no come on posts like that aren't helping me loose weight Mindi