My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

New Fabrics-Studio E


This week some of the fabrics and items I ordered during my trip to Portland in March arrived. Studio E is a relatively new fabric manufacturer. Their fabrics are high quality, similar to Moda, Red Rooster, Etc. They also have pre-cuts, the Studio E version of a precut is a package of rectangles that are 5 inches x 9.5 inches.

What really caught our eye at Portland was a "bed scarf." (Think over-sized tablerunner here) The pattern is made using mostly their pre-cut rectangles, plus some large applique for the fern leaves. The result is gorgeous, and it can be made in any size to fit any bed. A bed scarf lays across the foot of the bed, or if you make the smaller one it works perfectly as a tablerunner.

The fabric line is called Fresh Aire. You'll notice I've only stocked the fabrics necessary to make the scarf/runner. Kit prices for the scarf will be up soon!

Also from Studio E, a new quilt kit in stunning black and white. See Charleston Gate under quilt kits.

Watch for new Studio E fabrics to arrive over the next few months!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Illinois! I just discovered the Urban Angel collection from Studio E. Sadly, I'm having trouble finding more collections in my area. I like the more modern lines, as I'm trying to feed two teenage girls' desire to create with fabric. I'll check back periodically for fabrics that might appeal to these young quilters.