My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Friday, December 21, 2007

What I'm Working On Now

I thought it would be fun to share the quilting projects I am working on now. Prepare yourself, like I said earlier I usually have about 100 thing going, and quilting is no different. It has only gotten worse since I opened my shop! All of these patterns and projects are on my website if you're interested in seeing what they look like: www.crazyforquilting.com.

First, I am trying to finish my shop sample of Strawberry Faire, an awesome block of the month. I have the trunk show display until the end of January, so my goal is to finish mine before that so I can replace the display in my shop. Not only that, but I need to finish this quilt before I start anything else. Technically, I've already started about 3 other things, but this is my main one and I can't really get into anything else until it's done!

The Strawberry Faire quilt I work on at home. It is spread across my kitchen and dining room and has been for a couple weeks now! It's a small miracle that it doesn't have pb&j on it, or spaghetti sauce, or some other food my family has eaten recently. My husband informed me last night that I needed to clear the table off for Christmas, like the dining room is for eating or something??

Also on my kitchen counter, in piles, are a small table topper pattern by Tea for Two designs that I hope to finish by year end (coming soon, I know). In another pile right next to it, is a tablerunner I cut out to make from the "Classic Runners" pattern. Both of these projects I saw at Fall Quilt Market, and have wanted to make them ever since! Maybe I'll get to them soon........maybe not!

Last, while I'm at the store during the day, I am making a quilt-as-you-go project called "Shaker Ladder." This is a super fun and easy pattern using a jelly roll and charm squares.

In the midst of all this, I am still trying to recover from my quilting nightmare. My longarm machine was down for about 4 weeks, right in the midst of Christmas quilting season! I experienced my first ever panic attack when the dealer informed me I would need to send the machine back to Iowa to be repaired. Several weeks later, and several hundred dollars later as well, my machine is running better than ever. (Thanks to Dan at Nolting, for being so nice and fixing it so fast!) I managed to finish all the quilts I promised for the holiday, and now I am tackling the rest. AKA The giant pile of batting and fabric stacked under my machine. I would love to quilt my Faceted Jewels quilt for my bed soon, but trust me, it doesn't look promising!

So, I wasn't lying when I warned you, I don't do just one thing at a time! However, there are a few things I haven't done this month--Wrap presents, for one. Our tree is standing lonesome in our living room, although it does have a quilted tree skirt I made over 5 years ago! I suppose I'll be wrapping late nights this weekend. And then there's the fudge diet I've been on this week. Darn that Rachel Ray for sharing her 5 minute fudge recipe on Oprah a couple years ago! I'd share it here, but trust me, you really don't want to know, not if you value your waistline!

One last thing, I need to mention my sister and all the help she gives me and the work she does on my website. I didn't include her in the "About Me" post, but I should have! She does all the web maintenance, and she's the reason my new arrivals are posted the same day, and the website is accurate and has great pictures and accurate information! My site wouldn't run without her help!

Have a great holiday, make time to do some quilting in between the wrapping, unwrapping, and eating!

No comments: