My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Jamaica, Part II

If you made it through my novel long post on our travel to Jamaica, I suppose you're wondering if it gets any better? Thankfully, the answer is yes!

Monte and I were awoken around 730pm by knocking on our door. "Housekeeping!" we hear, and when Monte stumbles over and opens the door, the housekeeper is there to "turn down our bed." Monte gives me a puzzled look, partly from sleep and partly because he never travels and has no idea what she's talking about at first. Then it clicks, and he turns to her and says, "Yeah, I think we're good."

Surprised to see we'd slept 4 hours, we hurriedly got up took a quick exploratory walk around the resort before dinner. The resort has 5 restaurants, and 2 require reservations, so we headed for the easiest one, "Bayside." It turned out to be a delicious dinner, ocean side under the stars. Still unsure and nervous that I probably misunderstood the whole "all-inclusive" thing, I half expected to receive a bill at the end of it, but no bill came.
Monte and I discussed canceling our Canopy Tour (for day 3) all evening, but we weren't sure we could get our money back, and the tours desk was constantly busy so we figured if all those other people were taking tours, we could handle it too.

On Day 2, we had scheduled appointments at the spa. Monte complained about having to get up early on "vacation," since our appointments were at 8am. However, even if he denies it now, I know he actually enjoyed it. He'll probably even deny that he was ever "wrapped," but he was, head to toe in the volcanic ash wrap, followed by a massage. I chose the coffee scrub and wrap, of course!
By the end of our spa treatments, we both were feeling a lot better. After covering ourselves in sunscreen, we hit the bar and then the beach. I'm not much of a drinker, but I still enjoyed the premium drinks, all-inclusive. The "Jamaican Smile," a blended drink of banana, Jamaican rum, and some other things (I think maybe margarita mix) was my favorite. Monte stuck to the "Red Stripe" most of the time, the Jamaican beer. Here he is, enjoying his first Red Stripe on the beach.
The rest of day 2 ended uneventfully. We had dinner at Bayside again, and made reservations for the rest of our dinners on other nights. I went to sleep anxious about the coming day's Canopy Tour.

No comments: