My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Friday, May 9, 2008

What a Day

What a day - and that's the understatement of the century! The day at the quilt shop flew by, as almost 80 I SEW Shop Hopper's passed through the door! I survived on espresso and waffle cookies all day, and pure adrenaline. At 3:15, I picked up 6 giggling 6-year olds from school and threw a Hula Party for Kylee's 6th birthday. In a matter of an hour, my house looked like a banana split/grass skirt/birthday wrapping tornado had gone through it. Then it was back to the quilt shop, to help my mom close out the long day. And tomorrow, I get to do it all over again, minus the Hula Party part. (One Hula Party is more than enough for one month)
I have hilarious video of the relay race the kids at Kylee's party did. I had them put on silly parrot hats and sun glasses I found at the dollar store, hold a blow-up flamingo or monkey, and run across the yard and around a bucket and back. They did really well, laughing the entire time, and it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen! If you're ever throwing a Hawaiian themed party, this game was a big hit.
Kylee will be busy the rest of the weekend preening over her loot. Makeup, beads, jewelery, and perfume, not to mention Barbies and Littlest Pet Shop. Needless to say, she's a girly girl.
Wow, Kylee's turning 6! I still remember when Bailey was 6, totally in love with Dora the Explorer, and still wore dresses. Now I have to resort to hiding certain shirts as they go through the laundry, just because I'm tired of seeing her wear the same one every day. Next month I have to throw her an 11th Birthday Party. Should be interesting, entertaining an older group who are "too cool" for everything. Hmmmmm......maybe if I start now I'll think of something!

No comments: