My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Friday, July 11, 2008

Moda U Fall 2008

Last month, at the Moda U meeting, I was disorganized (I know, what's new, right?) and didn't have all the info on the new project for Moda U. In an effort to redeem myself, here is what I have so far.

Beginning in September, Moda University will feature an article each month written by Barbara Brackman. The article will describe a featured block and its signifigance to the Civil War. We get to learn our history with our quilting! At the end of a year, the featured blocks will be combined into a block of the month quilt. Tentative pricing on the block of the month will be between $8 and $10 per month, depending on final costs of the finishing kit which I will figure out before September's Moda U meeting.

The finished quilt will be about 76x89, but could easily be larger with an added border or two. Moda has sent out a picture of their sample quilt, which I have to say I HATE! It is ugly, for lack of a better description. I'm not sure why they chose the fabrics they did for their finishing, but it's a disaster. Here, see for yourself!

Sorry, Moda, but I hate, hate, hate your fabric choices.

Barbara Brackman has a brand new Civil War Reproduction line releasing in September, and I will have all 40 bolts in shop! My kits for the block of the month will include fabrics from Barbara's new line, and as soon as I have my sample ready I will post a picture of what I think this quilt should look like! I'm excited about the fluidity of the new project, with the historical quality, the coordinating newsletters, and the fabrics. With a few different fabrics (OK, with ALL different fabrics) this will be a stunning project as well as a chance to learn some of our quilting heritage.

I will be offering the block of the month program online as well. If you are interested, watch for more info here and on my website, The Crazy Quilter, as soon as the program is posted.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I can't wait to see what yours looks like. I have to agree, their's isn't very attractive. I like the idea of it, though.

Candi said...

I must say I do agree with you on the color choices...can't wait to see how yours comes along.
HUGZ:)
Candi