My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Who Needs the Pattern Anyways?

Well, apparantly I do. I finished all of the flying geese for the Portugal quilt, so proud of myself for using a short cut method of making flying geese, only to discover that they are all the wrong size. Yep, that's right, every last one of them is 2 3/4" x 5", instead of 2.5" x 4.5".

How did that happen, you ask? Wouldn't I like to know the same thing. It might have something to do with the circumstances surrounding the last few weeks, including a broken sewing machine (since repaired) and about 10 trips back and forth between my house and the store with all the pieces stuffed in a bag, or thrown across the passenger seat of my car.

So, I'm going to spend the afternoon attempting to make a respectable quilt from the mess I've currently got going. Wish me luck!

No comments: