My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Monday, October 27, 2008

Back from Market

Well,

I'm back from Quilt Market! It was a whirl wind trip, but worth it as usual. I will be updating the website with everything new, so be sure to check the New Additions catagory over the next few days for everything I brought home.

I don't even know where to begin, we found so many things we loved. There are new fabrics featuring tractors, cowboys and indians, paper dolls, and shoes coming in the future. There are TONS of new patterns (2 suitcases worth), and some exciting new products. I have a couple of advent calendars, a tree skirt, an adorable wool pin cushion, and so much more to add! I will try to highlight one or two things per day over the next week or so. If you want a sneak peak, watch the New Additions!

My money saving strategy of staying farther from the convention center and renting a car proved to be iffy, at best. By the time we drove 30 mintues each way, paid for parking at the convention center ($10/day), and got lost looking for the nearest Starbucks, I'm not sure this proved to be a good strategy, so I'll probably be revamping for next year.
Although my GPS was invaluable, it did have it's faults. For example, did you know it doesn't tell you when you're about to run a red light? Nope, you need my mom for that, who's scream from the passenger seat is actually quite effective. It also doesn't speak up when you're driving the wrong way on a one-way street. Nope, once again, major GPS design flaw. Some days you're just lucky to be alive, huh?

Yep, I think I'm going to fire myself from making travel reservations and let my mom take it over. Especially after the long lay-over in Seattle and the puddle-jumper plane we had to ride to Spokane in. Try staying calm with my mom next to you, making comments like "This small of a plane should really come with parachutes." Yes, I think I'll let her make any future reservations!

Anyways, watch for lots of new stuff. Lots, and lots, and lots.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should ALWAYS use a travel agent!!!; )