My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Best Ever Sugar Cookies

If you love a soft and sweet sugar cookie, I have the perfect recipe. This recipe came from my grandma, and I don't know where she got it. All I know is that I don't bake, but every year around the holidays I end up making these cookies. They are too good, my second batch in as many weeks is chilling in the fridge right now! Here's the recipe for your eating pleasure:

1 1/2 Cups of butter
3 Cups of sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
6 Cups of flour
1 Cup of sour cream
3 eggs

Combine all of this and mix well. A kitchenaid type mixer is a must, as this dough is super thick and sticky. Once mixed, chill well in the refridgerator. If your dough isn't cold enough, it will be impossible to roll and cut the cookies.

Once dough is chilled, roll and cut into desired shapes. A pastry sheet is best, and it will take a lot of flour to prevent the dough from sticking! PAM sprayed on the cookie cutter also helps.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes. (I have larger cookie cutters that take a little more than 10 minutes to cook completely.)

Let the cookies cool, and then frost them with this frosting:

4 oz. cream cheese
3 Cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. milk
1/4 Cup of butter

Happy Eating!

No comments: