My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's Not Too Late to Make Your Table Merry!

For a festive holiday table, all you need is a couple yards of fabric and a super fast tablerunner! Here is one of the fastest and easiest ideas for holiday table decor, so easy you still have time to finish it before the holiday!



The fabric featured is from Sandy Gervais's Moda line, Merry and Bright. All you need to do is cut a square piece of the extra wide fabric, hem or serge it, and your tablecloth is done! Next, use the Merry and Bright panel to quilt up a tablerunner with all the appeal of applique and none of the work! Hem/serge up some coordinating fabric napkins, layer the pieces on your table, and you're done! A simple centerpiece finishes the ensemble. Mine usually holds round ornaments, but this year they're mysteriously MIA and I'm not about to go crawling around under the house in single digit weather to find them!

No comments: