My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Block of the Month-As Promised

OK, so I promised at Moda University that I would post pics and info about the new block of the month idea I've been cooking up. Here are the basics, about 90% organized and decided upon in my head. I'm still fine tuning the details, and won't be starting it until my sample is all but quilted, so you have some time to ask questions, get details, and think about how much fun you'll have participating!

First, the quilt. A pattern I picked up in Salt Lake City at a quilt shop about 2 or 3 years ago. Not exactly a new pattern, but one that I loved and have been saving for the right time and fabric.

Next, my idea of how this will work:

1. A 12 month block of the month. Pick up your pattern by the 10th of each month. First pattern section is FREE as long as you pay for each month's kit for the entire 12 months! You will get a fabric kit with a variety of fat quarters and a background fabric that will make the entire top. I don't know prices yet, as I'm making mine first to determine how much fabric you really need.

2. On months 2 thru 12, bring in your finished block so I can take a pic, OR email me a picture of your block if you are not in my area. This is meant to be fun for everyone, no matter where you live! I want to share all of the different quilts and different fabric combinations, so pictures will be posted either here or on the shop's Facebook page for everyone to view. Even if you get the same fabrics as someone else, you're bound to pick different fabrics for different blocks, so no two quilts will be the same!

3. If you complete and bring/email a picture of your block each month by the 10th, you will get the next portion of the pattern for FREE!!! (Do you all love FREE stuff as much as me???) If not.......sorry, you will have to buy your next pattern to continue.

4. I will post tips, tricks, and pictures of the steps my quilt goes through each month to help you construct yours.

5. After you receive the 12th month's instructions, submit a picture/bring your quilt in by the 10th of the 13th month to be entered into a Grand Prize Drawing!!! Number of prizes is yet to be determined, and will depend on just how many people are participating. The Grandest of Grand Prizes??? FREE (yes, another FREE thing!) Quilting for you quilt top! If you get your quilt, back, and batt to me I will quilt it for FREE! If enough people participate, I might even quilt 2 for free, and will also include a second and third place prize.

Questions, suggestions, and/or general comments? Please reply, I'd love your feedback!

No comments: