My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Stressed Out, Over-Worked Tooth Fairy


Will lost his first 2 teeth recently. One a little more than a month ago, and the second just this past week. Imagine his excitement when his sister informed him he would actually get paid for losing teeth! After a harrowing ordeal with the first one, when it actually became unexpectedly lodged in his gums after he bit down on his fork at dinner, he was truly excited that there was an upside to that pain.

Now, imagine his dissappointment when he awoke to find he was still in possession of said tooth, and none the richer for it. It seems our part of the world is serviced by either a lazy or an overworked tooth fairy.

I did give our tooth fairy the benefit of the doubt here. I was careful to explain to Will that maybe there was a rash of kids losing teeth recently, and the tooth fairy got backed up and couldn't make it all around in one night. Maybe she hadn't budgeted for so many lost teeth, and the bad economy meant that no one would give her a loan? Or maybe, she got caught up in putting together her Best Bias Skirt, or piecing her block of the month quilt, and completely lost track of time?

Whatever the reason, Will did finally get paid. The second night after the first tooth and the third night after the second one. She even left the tooth behind the second time. Maybe she felt bad about being late and thought he deserved to keep it? (I'm sure it's not because she forgot to take it, or anything)

1 comment:

Kim West said...

Wow.. you don't have to call the tooth fairy for an appointment? Our tooth fairy here makes us call to pick up the teeth. That way she knows that she has enough money for the night.

And if mom forgets to call.... well then it's mom's fault. Sometimes with two kids loosing teeth at the same time, I only make the tooth fairy come when there is multiple teeth to pick up - especially when both kids tell me they have loose teeth.