My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Busy, Busy Goings On

I never have trouble keeping busy these days. With a full time job, 3 kids and a husband, and the quilt shop to run, most days everything else runs me!  I thought I'd share a little of what's been going on lately, and what we're getting ready for this next week.

The weekend before Halloween I was consumed with making Will's costume.  For some reason, he got it in his head that he just had to be "Captain Cutler."  Don't know who that is? Neither did I until the kids explained it and I looked it up online.  Captain Cutler happened to be the ghost star of the second ever Scooby Doo episode.  Check out the details here.

I have a hard time disappointing my kids if avoidable, so here is what I spent $100 and 3 days working on:

Here is my attempt at getting a picture of how it glowed in the dark:


It really was a pretty cool costume, if you don't count having to wear that thing on your head while trying to collect candy! By the end of the night, Captain Cutler had been de-masked, and his helmet made a pretty good candy carrier.

Last weekend we were able to get away for a little r&r at a time share my in-laws graciously let us tag along to.  I took my sewing machine, of course, and got some projects done. A jumbo-sized pair of slippers for Bailey's jumbo-sized feet, and two of the new fabric books.
One of my favorite parts of the weekend was listening to Charlie and Will play Crazy 8's.  Will had never played, and couldn't get enough.  I love the way he would giggle when he tricked Charlie!

This week, I'm putting Halloween behind me. I was going to hold on to Thanksgiving and Fall for a few more weeks, but I'm about to be the last dark, non-Christmas-lighted storefront on the block, so I think I'll do some redecorating this weekend.  The new table I just finished painting is going to make a perfect addition to my holiday window display!
Here it is, balancing on an old chair while drying. And yes, I did finish painting it on my cream colored carpet with no drop cloth. I like to live dangerously like that.

Watch for a newly updated store display after the weekend, and hopefully a few pictures for the blog next week.



No comments: