My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

The miracle of a good hair cut!

Today is a good day, my what a good hair cut can do! Or, is it the fact that my 3 kids stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's house last night? Either way, I happen to be in a good mood today. The house was so quiet yesterday afternoon. How often do I get the afternoon off from the store, and have no kids? Hmmmmm....Try NEVER!!! So what do I do? I leave and go get my hair cut. Granted, it has been in desparate need of a new style in forever, but it was hard to leave such a peaceful house knowing that it will be back to wild and noisy tonight! However, it was worth it. Even if I did buy a ridiculously expensive curling iron and special "serum" to tame the frizzies!
After commenting that my hair looked "fine," Monte proceeded to loudly state that he couldn't believe I had bought a curling iron, when I had just told him no more stops at the mini-mart until payday. OK, so I might have told him that. But really, let's get our priorities straight. Breakfast burrito / Curling Iron.......which is more important, really???

The online orders for my store have been busy this week, which is comforting and encouraging. It is so nice to know that other people like my stuff as much as I do. I buy inventory based on my own tastes, so I tend to take it personally when it doesn't sell as quickly as I would like! At least for today, things are looking good.

My goal for the rest of today is to get as much done as possible before the 3 tornadoes hit my house again. It is funny how I can miss them and dread their return all at the same time. As soon as I remember to bring my camera to work, I will upload a picture of us from New Year's Eve. Watch for it soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you do bring your camera to work, why don't you post a picture of this new haircut that could be the miracle I'm looking for :)? Oh, and send me those new year's pics too!