My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Slowly but Surely....well, not quite

One of my New Years' Resolutions is to see the carpet under my quilting machine before the end of this year! Well, I was feeling pretty good about it for a day or so. I finished 3 quilts, one per day, in 3 days. Looks like I might be catching up, right??? Well, the universe doesn't work that way! By the end of this week, I have taken in 3 more quilts. Although it is good to get some of the older ones done, it sure doesn't feel like I'm making any head way on my resolution! And that quilt I made for my bed? The one that was going to look so beautiful on my bed as soon as we moved in (in August)? Well, it's still in the closet, unquilted and waiting patiently for the day that may never come. It's a good thing I love quilting or I could start to hate it!

On another note, one of my other loves is back, much to my husband's dismay. A new season of Stargate Atlantis started Friday night, so now I will spend every Friday night in from of the television, snarling at anyone who dares to interrupt! Yes, I know I have quilting to do, but this hour is sacred! It's not my fault, blame it on all those years of watching Star Trek with my dad!

No comments: