My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back to the Grind!

Well, the holidays are over, and it feels good and bad at the same time! It feels good to be back to work, and hopefully get into a schedule again! I didn't get near as much quilting done as I had hoped I would, but things are slowly getting done! I did manage to quilt a couple tablerunners for the shop, both from the Moda line Mix & Mingle. They are both super fast projects to piece, and they look great! I am still plugging away at my Shaker Ladder quilt. I add a couple strips whenever I have a few minutes, but I've had trouble making myself sit and work on it for any extended period of time!
It does feel sad that the holidays are over. It's always sad when my sister and her family have to go home, we miss them since they live in Salt Lake City and we only see them a few times a year! I will also be sad and happy to send my kids back to school! Sad, because it's been really nice to come into work and not have to get them ready and off to school first, and happy because they really are driving me crazy being home all the time!!!!
I can't wait to break into the new quilt kit from the Choco Latte fabric line! I have been hoarding it for myself, not giving it to anyone else to piece for me! Silly, I know, since I already have 5 or so projects in the works, but I love that fabric and really want to make it! I did break down and give the Flirtations Valentines projects to a friend to make, so that's progress, right?
As for New Year's resolutions, right now I am concentrating on losing a few before my husband and I go to Jamaica in April. All that fudge doesn't seem so great anymore......

No comments: