My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Glutton for Punishment

Well, maybe just a glutton. Last night for dinner I made enchiladas. They're Monte's favorite, and I haven't made them in forever! But then I had to go and really over-do it by making Easy Oreo Cheesecake. That darn Kraft Foods Magazine is always getting me into trouble!

Suffice it to say that I ate my fair share of the cheesecake! Also, here is how I make my enchiladas super fast and easy (I made this up a long time ago):

Brown 1-2 pounds of ground beef, add 1 small onion chopped when the beef is almost done. You can also add a can of re fried beans to add flavor, and to make the meat go farther.
Open a 16oz can of Enchilada Sauce and pour enough into a 9x13 glass pan to cover the bottom.
Chop a can of olives.
Fill tortilla shells with ground beef mixture, sprinkle lightly with cheese, and roll up. Line these up in the glass pan. My pan usually can hold about 8-10 of these.
You may have left over meat that you can use to make a smaller pan the same way and freeze it for a quick meal later.
Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Cover with shredded cheddar cheese. I like a lot of cheese, but you can use however much you like. Then sprinkle with olives. Bake on 350 until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Serve with salsa and sour cream and enjoy! (Remember to leave room for cheese cake!)

No comments: