My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Snow? I thought this was April

It's snowing outside! Too bad it's mid-April and not mid-January. Not only is it snowing, but my Internet at home is down, AGAIN. It's down more than up these days, so I've resorted to coming into the quilt shop on my "day off" just to feed my Internet addiction. Will is busy entertaining himself by vacuuming the shop. I'll be lucky if there's any carpet left by the time he's done!

The weather is really putting a damper on plans for our yard. Monte and I missed having a yard to improve last year, although we were so busy with house stuff we didn't have time to think about it. This year, we have a list of projects we'd like to start, the biggest of which is a retaining wall. Of course, the weather will break just about the time Monte goes back to work, pushing our projects to weekends only.

We bought some solar lights for our sidewalk this past weekend. They can be switched between clear light or colored that automatically goes from blue to green to red over and over. Monte made me promise not to use the colored option. So, of course, Saturday I hurried and installed them along the sidewalk while he was gone, and set them to colored. I agree that the colors are cheesy, but it was funny to see his reaction when I told him I was mistaken, and the lights don't really have a clear option. "Are you kidding me?" he started, and I'm sure it would have ended with "We're taking them back," if I hadn't burst out laughing.

Snowy weather is good for one thing, quilting! I am slowly coming along on "Makin' the Cut," and I have managed to quilt at least a little every day. I also just started reading The Pillars of the Earth, which is a great book from the beginning. I'll probably spend the rest of today alternating between quilting, reading, housework, cooking, and running errands. If you live in the Northwest, hopefully you'll find something warm to do, and if you live somewhere warm, I'm jealous!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I like the light trick you played on your husband! good one!
Also, Pillars of The Earth is a great book - enjoy. :)