My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I've Reached the Breaking Point

Well, it finally happened. I was rude to a customer this morning. I can only be pushed so far, and I found my breaking point this morning. It's all because of that silly little Fab Shop Hop bunny.
The Fab Shop Hop is an online shop hop. Basically, participating shops hide a bunny somewhere in their online catalog. (Mine is hiding among the Quilt Kits) Then, participants in the shop hop go to each participating shop's website and locate the bunny. By clicking on the bunny from each shop, participants complete the shop hop. Once all bunnies have been found, the participant is entered into prize drawings.
Sounds simple enough, right? The bunny is not allowed to be placed more than 2 clicks from the home page. This means that all of my fabric sections are off limits, since they're all 3 clicks away. Thus, the Quilt Kits placement of my bunny.
Well........sometimes that bunny is a little too elusive, and customers glance right over it. No problem, they usually email me and I respond with a clue. Usually my clue is to just tell them where it is. Even so, some customers send what I consider to be rude and unnecessary emails. I don't know what it is about that bunny, but it brings out the worst in some people when they can't find it. I get comments at least once every week insinuating that I have placed my bunny in a purposely impossible location, that I'm unhelpful, like I want them to fail. Keep in mind that these are the first emails from that person asking for help. I haven't even been given a chance to assist before they assume I won't help.
If you know me at all, you know that I respond to 99% of emails within a couple hours, and 100% within a day. (I can't help it, I'm an Internet junkie) What's that got to do with anything, you ask? Well, this morning I received a particularly rude email stating that I hadn't given a clue, she had searched over 5 clicks away from the home page, and concluding with "If you can't help me, why should I spend my money with you."
I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, because I couldn't be sweet and nice. After searching my email boxes to be sure that I hadn't missed a previously sent email, I informed her of my bunny's location, and that I don't appreciate her attitude or her rude email. I guess I'm officially done taking any guff via email. The majority of customers are very polite in asking for help, but the ones that aren't spoil it for everyone.
If you're looking for that bunny and you need some help, don't hesitate to call or email me. If you don't intend to try badgering or bullying me, you have nothing to worry about. I'm really not a mean person, I promise not to bite you're head off via email! I might even be kind and polite, given the chance.

No comments: