My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Confession Time!

So......I have a confession. I am not actually making Blossom myself. Yes, shocking, I know! I passed it on to a friend who makes things for the shop when I need her. I'm living vicariously through her, so does that count for leaving Blossom on my "Current Projects" list?

I am moving Makin' the Cut up to the Current list too. I promise, I really am making this one myself, at least for now. I found this pattern and saw the sample at Fall Market, and I've been waiting until the new Kansas Troubles line, Garden Inspirations was released. Garden Inspirations is here, and this quilt is going to be great! So far so good, it is mostly strip piecing using a jelly roll, which has gone extremely fast! Pairing the darker colors with the light background makes for a stunning quilt.

I wish I could say the same for quilting lately. I'm afraid I'm fighting a losing battle. I am now booked out almost to the end of June, and that's if I quilt every day between now and then. Of course, that doesn't always happen. Especially with the next few months' schedule! I am working on being at peace with the fact that I can no longer return a quilt within 3 weeks, which used to be my normal lead time. If only my customers could be at peace with me, we'd all be happy! I'd show you a picture of my "quilt mountain," but you might wonder how I get anything done at all without losing your quilts, so I'll keep that to myself!

No comments: