My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Upcoming Events in Quilting

Here is a list of what's coming up in the next couple months!

April 24th is the one year anniversary of my Moda University quilt club! I am so excited that Moda University continues to gain popularity. With the introduction of my website last Fall, I have also been able to gain new members from all over the country! I hope you'll all join me for another fun year of Moda fabric and quilts. Check for details each month on my Moda University web page.

May 3rd is the next Sip & Sew date at The Crazy Quilter. This is a fun-sew day where quilters in our area gather to spend a day of quilting. $10/day includes all day sewing, free help, and soup for lunch!

May 5 I will be speaking at a ladies lunch in Troy, a small town between Deary and Moscow, ID. Not too bad for a gal who put off "public speaking" class in college until I changed my major and it wasn't required! OK, so I haven't prepared and have no idea what I'll be talking about........maybe I should wait to brag.

May 9th and 10th is the I Sew so I Hop Shop Hop. This shop hop involves 9 shops from Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho. Completed passports receive a free pattern, participants receive goodies and 1 free fat quarter from each shop they visit! It's sure to be lots of fun. Here's a pic of our version of the shop hop quilt, which uses Holly Taylor's latest, Natural Garden. This is the free pattern you'll receive for completing the hop. Email or call me if you would like more information on this hop!

May 11 is Kylee's birthday! She is my middle child, turning 6 this Spring.

May 16, 17, and 18th I will be traveling to Portland for Spring Quilt Market. Watch for pictures from Market, since I've learned my lesson and I'm never traveling without my lap top again! Also, watch for new and exciting products that I discover at Market. It's sure to be entertaining, at least, since my mom and a couple friends who help at my store will be accompanying me! Thankfully, we're close enough to drive, so I won't risk getting sick on a plane!

May 23-26th, you can find me on the lake, opening the boating season. We always try to go camping on the lake with the kids, depending on the weather. This month, it will also depend on whether we have to take a second mortgage to buy gas for the Durango and the boat! (OK, so this has nothing to do with quilting, but I'm still excited about it)

June 7th will find my mom, a friend, and myself attending a class in Walla Walla, WA taught by Kim Diehl. Kim is an Idaho quilter who makes beautiful quilts using invisible machine applique. I hope to learn her techniques well enough to bring them to my customers, since Kim's schedule is booked through 2009! I already carry several of Kim's books and products in my store.

June 16-22 brings the Bee Bop Shop Hop. This means long hours at the shop, compared to my usual 8-3 schedule! Still, it will be lots of fun!

June 23rd is Bailey's birthday. My oldest is turning 11! How time flies.......

Wow, what a schedule! Things here are sure to stay interesting!

No comments: