My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Today is my "Monday" at the shop. (I know, I'm a slacker) I guess everyone waited until they saw my car in the parking lot, because I'm been slammed all day!

I called to check on an order this morning and found out that they didn't receive my order from Spring Market? Oh no, not this again. Well, that explains why I haven't received it yet!

This morning, my Moda rep, Bonnie, was here. Always fun to look at the new fabrics that are coming out! I ordered a line for December, plus a few patterns.

As soon as Bonnie got here, and ever since, there has been a stream of people in and out. Shoppers, latte drinkers, people picking up quilts, etc.! In the middle of it all, my new wakeboard got here! It's pretty awesome, can't wait to try it! Plus, bonus - it has a weight limit of 170 pounds. How's that for motivation to eat right?

I managed to quilt my layer cake project yesterday. Yes, I actually quilted something of my own! I'll post a picture soon.

Yesterday, I spent the morning at the dentist, which always puts me in a bad mood. More on that soon!

Tuesday I found out I need to polish up my drywall skills. (Uh oh, what dry wall skills?) Looks like we'll be doing a little more work to the rental than we thought!

Saturday I squeezed myself into a dress to attend my grandparents' anniversary party. I've been told there are pictures out there somewhere, but I'm not sure I want to see them......I may never wear a dress again.

My shop day's almost over today, but tomorrow I get to do it all over again. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

No comments: