My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What Happened to the Quilting?

So I haven't written anything about quilting lately. Doesn't mean I'm not quilting, though! I quilt over 2 hours 6 days/week, so it's always there in the background of my life. This week, just as I was starting to catch a glimpse of the carpet under my machine, I was once again inundated with quilts. When I asked one customer when they would like their quilt back, the reply was "Not for about 2 weeks," as if that's a long time! Yikes, try 2 months! Once again, my carpet has disappeared.
This weekend is Deary Days, which brings the yearly town parade. It's one of those typical small-town fiascoes, with the same people and the same floats you can see in any parade within 50 miles, for the past 10 years or so. Although I haven't come up with a float, and have decided preparing to move the store next month is stressful enough, my husband is full of ideas. His latest? Borrow a friend's Volkswagen Van, hitch the "ghetto wagon" to it, (that's his trailer made from an old pickup box and covered with diamond plate), and hang quilts all over it. I think it's safe to say that, yes, folks, there is such a thing as bad publicity.
I have some great new kits in the shop that we've been preparing. I will hopefully upload them to the site by the end of the week. One of them features the new Tracks Along the Trail and is really great!
This Thursday is the monthly Moda University meeting. This month we are holding a Summer barbecue, along with a quilter's strip poker party. (Fabric strips, people, get your minds out of the gutter!) Should be lots of fun, as we had one for Christmas last year that was a blast! Happy quilting until tomorrow, everyone! Time for me to break up a fight about t-ball shirts......

No comments: