My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sign of the (Flying) Times

Lately, I've been noticing some signs that time is moving faster than it seems. For instance, just the other day I found myself searching a box of Tylenol for dosing instructions for children 2 and under. The only problem, I don't have any children 2 and under!

Then, I was laying with Will at bedtime, when he asked if I would sleep with him all night. I quickly replied, "No, I'm just staying a few minutes, because I want to sleep in my own bed." Then it occurred to me what a momentus occassion this was! It wasn't too long ago I would have said, "Yes, honey, I'll sleep with you," while simultaneously hanging one foot off the bed and planning the quickest, quietest escape path. Since when do my kids answer a calm "OK" when I admit I have no intention of sleeping with them all night????

Then, yesterday, I overheard Kylee and Will giggling about some "gummy bear song." They were laughing and carrying on, so I had to ask what it was all about.

"The gummy bear song, on the computer Mom," says Kylee.
"The What?" I ask.
"You know, on youtube, you just put in "gummy bear" where you type things and the gummy bear song comes up," says Kylee.

Hold on now, since when does my 6 year old know more about youtube than I do??? I didn't even know she could spell gummy bear. This sent me running to the computer to see just what my kids have been up to. Thankfully, the "gummy bear song" turned out to be G-rated, OK, maybe PG if you count the booty shaking. Here it is, and for some reason it is kind of amusing:

Gummy Bear Dance

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh good Lord, leave it to your kids to find a video like that! I was laughing though, I have to admit. P.S. Please burn the yellow jacket before my child is that age! So maybe you are a nicer mom than me....