My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Moda University Civil War Quilt

I've been number crunching all morning, trying to figure out how to make the new Moda University project as affordable as possible. Here's what I'm coming up with so far:

Monthly cost for 12 months will be $10.00/month.

This will include patterns and fabrics for that month's featured block, an alternate nine-patch block each month, and setting triangles and borders to finish the quilt to 76x89. Month 12 will include finishing instructions.

I would suggest purchasing binding and backing at the beginning of the year, you make sure the yardage is still available. Also, this quilt would look great with another border, so if you would like yours larger you should plan ahead for that as well.

I would love to have as many people as possible making this quilt. It's a great opportunity to incorporate something a little different that most projects today into your quilting repertoires! History lessons, reproduction fabrics, and a variety of skills to practice your piecing.

For each completed Moda-U quilt, you will receive an entry into a drawing. One Moda U member will win Barbara Brackman's newest book, Making History: Quilts and Fabrics from 1890-1970!

This program starts at September's meeting. I will asking for everyone to sign up prior to September 15th in order to allow time to prepare kits to be handed out at the September meeting.

No comments: