My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Friday, August 8, 2008

How to Clean an Air Filter

Last night I finally remembered that I'd been meaning to check my car's air filter. My car has a reusable filter. Here's how it went:

Me: (in the garage, opening the hood, removing the clasps that enclose the air filter, reading the LARGE, EASILY SEEN sticker on top of the enclosure that clearly explains how to clean the filter.)

Monte: (previously minding his own business at an unknown location, suddenly appears over my shoulder) "What are you doing??"

Me: "Checking the air filter."

Monte: "I told you, I just cleaned it when you went to Portland."

Me: (Thinking that Portland was almost 6 months ago) "Yeah, but I'm getting bad gas mileage."

Monte: (annoyed) "Mindi, I just changed it! You're going to need a nut driver to get that......" (As I remove the cover, easily, WITHOUT a nut driver, and remove a VERY filthy, black filter.)

Monte: "Oh......., that is dirty......"

Me: "Where's the cleaner?"

Monte: "What? You don't need cleaner, just use soap and water."

Me: "It says right here (on the EASILY SEEN sticker) to use K&N cleaner."

Monte: "Just use dish soap and water."

Me: (annoyed) "It says to only use filter cleaner, right here, see???"

Monte: (walks over to the shelf, removes a box) "Soap and water works the same, then you have to re-oil.....Oh, here's some cleaner right here."

Me: "See?"

Monte: (Exits garage, finally leaving me to clean my filter in peace)

No comments: