My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Weekly Update & What I Learned at the Beach

Here it is, the post you've all been waiting for, the one where I resort to giving a report of all the boring things I've been up to lately, because I can't think of anything exciting to write about. Here goes, pop a "No-Doz" and read on!

I recently finished installing the zipper into my Cabo Halter, only to realize that despite measuring before choosing my (supposed) size from the pattern, it doesn't fit! The experience was so demoralizing that I have yet to finish hemming the shirt. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure if I give it to my sister, me being the loving, caring, generous person that I am, even if I do hate her a little for being skinnier, it will fit her. The worst part is that it's super cute, because I used this Kaffe Fassett fabric. By the time I manage to find motivation to make another, slightly larger, halter, Summer will likely be over.

This coming weekend is the Crazy 8 Poker Shop Hop. It promises to be seriously confusing, since I don't play poker. Hopefully quilters are having more luck getting motivated for this hop than I am!

My Bernina is back in new condition again after a trip to the Bernina doctor. I didn't even get a lecture about proper machine care! Now if I could only find my 1/4" foot, I might actually get something made! (besides one slightly too small shirt)

The kids and I made another trip to the beach yesterday, which was crowded since the temperature hovered around the 100 degree mark. Here is a recap of our beach experience:

Those really annoying kids who keep throwing sand on your things and splashing you? Sometimes they're mine.

Creepy old man at the picnic table, there is no possible way you have a good explanation for using those binoculars at the beach.

Why is the one person smoking on the beach always upwind?

Some people just aren't smart enough to figure out a crowded beach IS NOT a prime fishing locale.

A monokini, while helpful for camouflaging some body flaws, is NOT meant to transform 100 extra pounds. (My eyes, ahhhhhhhh, my eyes!)

Smooching teens is one thing, but if you're 40ish years old surely you can find a better place to make out than the beach full of young children. If you don't own a house, don't you at least have a car?

I mentioned in an earlier post that the beach is free, but maybe now I know why?

No comments: