My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Now I Get It.......

I asked in my previous post what "Steamy Quilting" is and why everyone's searching for it. Thanks to a kind reader, now I know! You can too, if you visit the following website:

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=35

Scroll down to "Listener Limerick Challenge" and listen for a few minutes. Turns out there was an interesting incident involving a recent quilting magazine article. It's actually quite funny, they had to sell the Jan/Feb. issue of Quilter's Home Magazine inside an opaque cover because the article title printed on the cover was too "Steamy" for store shelves. Yes, this is a quilting magazine we're talking about!

I tried to find this magazine online, and no luck. The copy of the issue I did find didn't refer to Steamy Quilting anywhere I could see. I guess they caved under the pressure and changed their cover.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there: As the author of the Quilter's Home issue in question, I wanted to correct a major mistake in the national wire stories. The article, Shocking Quilts, was published in the MARCH issue of QH and the issue was inserted in a clear plastic bag. There was nothing on the cover that was racy. If you have trouble finding the issue, try eQuilter.com. They were carrying it if they still have it. Good luck and thanks for reading QH! Jake Finch

Mindi Johnson said...

Mr. Finch-
Thank you for clearing that up! Isn't it funny how things get so quickly twisted and turned on the Internet.
I did see that title on the March issue. For anyone curious about the magazine, visit http://www.quiltershomemag.com/index.html
to see more. I read some of the "Mark My Words" articles from the past few magazines and found them to be quite thoughtful!

Mindi