My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Another Good Dinner

Last night we had another Kraft Foods recipe, Taco Bake. It was really easy to make, and everyone enjoyed it. I served it with lettuce, tomatoes and olives to put on top, and it was like a taco, minus the food all over the floor from messy kids and broken shells.

I doubled the recipe, and I used ground turkey instead of beef. This is my first experience with ground turkey, which is supposed to be more healthy than beef. However, I'm not convinced yet. I think you can buy xtra lean ground beef and be just as healthy as ground turkey. Still, in this recipe the turkey was good.

One quick note about Kraft Foods recipes. I use them because their easy and good. But let's face it, their magazine's free in an attempt to sell more products. That's why every recipe gives name brands for the ingredients. As a mom on a budget, the cheapest brand usually wins with me, and more often than not it's not the brand listed. This affects the end result in no way, so don't be afraid to substitute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, ground turkey is the new beef don't you know? Even picky Mike will eat it so it can't be that bad!

Anonymous said...

Mindi,

How do I get the Kraft Food Magazien for free? Mauri