My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ride 'Em Horsey!

Last night, a complete lack of dishwasher soap, causing a major pile up in my kitchen sink that extended 1 foot past the sink of both sides, sent me to the grocery store. What started out as a quick trip to the store for a "few" things turned into $125 worth of groceries, but that's not the half of it.

The kids and I went to Safeway, since it's on our end of town, they have the iced green tea I love, and they have shopping carts that look like cars, with a cab on the front. This is usually a sure thing for occupying Will and sometimes Kylee while I get my shopping done. They think it's fun, and since the snow's had us house bound they were ready for an outing. I went with good intentions, but you know what they say about the best laid intentions!

I made it through the produce section, and half way down the next isle before they turned on me. First, Kylee decided to get out kidsof the "car" because she was squished. Well of course, Will can't be in it alone, so he decides to get out too. What followed was the two of the running around the cart, trying to use it as a scooter, and climbing on the bottom shelf.

Sometimes there just isn't anything you can do as a parent, short of walking out of the store and taking the kids home. With a basket 1/2 full, and a 30 mile drive home, this just isn't an option for me. So it turned into one of those grit your teeth, speed through the aisles grabbing whatever you need as quickly as possible, and get out quick kind of trips.

At the height of the trip, Will was on the roof of the "car," proclaiming loudly, "Ride 'em horsey!" while Kylee sat in the car saying "Yee hah!" while I had visions of strangling Monte as I yelled, "Don't ever talk me into taking them all by myself again!!!"

The employees are probably still talking about it, telling their coworkers, "You should have seen the kids we had in here last night!"

No comments: