My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Oh So Good Dinner!

The other day, Wednesday I think, I was so focused on working out that I forgot to put the pork roast in the crock pot for dinner! I had been planning all week to make a new recipe from the Kraft Foods magazine, but I had also been stuck inside with my kids home on snow days, and I was desparate for some workout time! Around 3:30, I made a last ditch effort to save dinner and hurriedly threw the roast in, but when 6:45 rolled around and it was no-where near done, I had to go to a backup plan.
So, on the very night that I complained on my blog about the awful school menu, I'm ashamed to say that I myself ended up serving my family mac&cheese and little smokies!
Thankfully, the roast was not ruined, it just had to be held over until Thursday evening. Wow, what a treat! I must say, it was worth the wait. I used the recipe Slow Cooker Oranger BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches from the Kraft Foods site. When the roast finally finished cooking, I put it away in the fridge, and then reheated it the next evening on low in the slow cooker. It's a good thing I ate lightly all day Thursday, because I helped myself to two of these sandwiches. Even though I was fully stuffed, it was just too good to resist! The best part is there was plenty to feed my family of 5 for another meal the next day.
All together, I had about $23 into this meal, including 12 sandwich rolls and a vegetable side, but if you count that as 2+ meals for a family of 5, it's not bad at all!

No comments: