My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Boring Days Ahead!

The snow just won't quit, and it makes for a very boring life. We have about 4 feet on the ground right now, got 4" more last night, and are expected to get 4-6" more inches tomorrow. If it wasn't already too hard to go anywhere, it's about to get even worse! The result is that I haven't been doing much of anything exciting lately.

I can be thankful that I decided to trade my 2wd car for a 4x4 Durango this Fall. I can't get to my house without 4wheel drive anymore, I can only imagine what it would be like with the car. Plus, we all know how Monte's pickup does in the snow, so driving it wouldn't help much. The Durango does great, I just hope I don't have to buy new shocks this Spring! The roads in town are very rough, in some places it's like driving on a logging road.

Tomorrow is Monte's birthday, and we will probably be snowed in. So yesterday, since I had to go to Moscow anyways, I bought an apple pie and ice cream, and we celebrated early. Apple pie is Monte's favorite, and it is already gone! The kids and I ate a little over 1/4 of it, and Monte had the rest, having the last piece for breakfast this morning. I'm not sure how it's humanly possible to inhale that much food, but he seems to do it with ease. We should all be so lucky!

So, what did I get him for his birthday? The same thing I got him for our anniversary in November, Christmas, Valentine's day and Father's day: A Jamaican vacation, of course! I think this should be good for two years of gifts, at least, but Monte already claims that I've used it past it's limit. Sometimes it's like having 4 kids! By the way, what do you suppose it would cost to extend that vacation from 1 week to 2 months, starting tomorrow?

No comments: