My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Internet Withdrawl

Whew! The shakes and shivers from my Internet withdrawl are slowly subsiding! After going all day with no Internet access, due to the high winds we are having, it's suddenly very clear just how addicted I am. No email, no website maintenance, no web orders to fill, I almost didn't survive it! Not being able to check for new orders drives me crazy! (More than usual, if you can believe it)

My dad used to make fun of me when I first started my website, for how excited I got whenever I got a new order. That excitement still hasn't subsided, I check orders constantly, all day every day. If you're an Internet customer of mine, know that you are fully appreciated! It may seem like I'm money hungry, or greedy, but that is really not the case. I just love what I do, and I love sending out quilting products all over the world! More sales just means I can get more inventory. Trust me, I'm not getting rich off of this anytime soon.

Monte is always asking me "How's business? Can I retire yet?" I always laugh and say no, thinking to myself that it'll never happen. It's just not that kind of business, at least not so far. When I do sell, I just use the money to buy more fabric! I'm such a quilt-a-holic that I usually know exactly what new fabrics and notions I want months before I can actually afford them! It's a way of business that only a quilter can love.

I've been known to go into the shop and package orders at 8, 9, even 10 at night when they come in. I can't stand to wait until morning. I'm utterly addicted, I just can't help myself! So, order up! Help me feed this addiction of mine, prevent withdrawl, and watch for new fabrics coming into the shop soon!

No comments: