My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Lucky Day!

Yesterday I ran to town for a few groceries. We're having dinner with friends tonight, and Monte requested tacoes. Of course, with all the food we DO have, we didn't have anything for tacoes! Since having company over compelled me to spend all of Wednesday afternoon digging a snow tunnel to my front door, having to buy special groceries on top of it put me in a bad mood.
However, my grocery trip meant that I finally foudn time to shop at Hastings for a calendar. I have a Debbie Mumm calendar holder I bought about 7 or 8 years ago, and every year I go through the same thing. The Debbie Mumm calendar that goes with is always about $20, so I usually decide it's not worth it, and I find another one for around $10 instead. This can be challenging, to find the right style of calendar, the right colors, and the right size to fit the holder. Well, it seems yesterday was my lucky day!
I guess when you wait until 1/2 way through February to finally buy a calendar, you should expect to get a deal. What I didn't expect was to find an actual Debbie Mumm calendar! First, I found the outer envelope on the rack, but as soon as I grabbed it I coule feel it was empty. I figured someone had either stolen the calendar or bought it without a cover. How disappointing, to almost find it! However, after some searching and flipping through every calendar shelf, I stumbled upon the unwrapped Debbie Mumm calendar just when I was about to give up. To top things off, it was on clearance for $4!!!
Lucky Day! I don't get so lucky very often. Then again, if finding a calendar on clearance is so exciting, how pathetic am I???

No comments: