My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Monday, March 3, 2008

It's Time To Get Organized!

At least according to my mom! I've been functioning by the skin of my teeth these past couple of months. Since the shop has grown faster than I could have ever hoped, my filing and organizational skills were lagging behind. So, my mom "suggested" that I get some filing cabinets and get to work organizing. My mom's the most organized neatness fanatic ever, so helping me at the shop where I am anything but organized gets on her nerves, to put it nicely!

I've spent this morning, (you know, Monday morning, that morning I'm supposed to have "off" and never do), rearranging my office, filing, cleaning, and trying to make sense of the mess that I have been using as my system lately. I must say, it is looking 110% better, I suppose I just needed a push in the right direction.

My Moda-University members will be happy to know that from now on I might be able to find your missing newsletters and fliers. I might even know what you're talking about when you ask me if I've found that pattern or cut that kit you asked for LAST month. And the path through my office to the bathroom? You might be able to find it now!

So, I'm headed back home for a marathon of quilting. There is a clock ticking in my head on the countdown to Jamaica, and it gets louder every day! The quilting alone that needs done before that is scary, and I'm sure there will be countless emergencies and drama between now and then. Such is my life!

No comments: