My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Monday, March 3, 2008

Quilting Product of the Week-Bias Tape Makers

Although Bias Tape Makers may have been around for a while, I just recently discovered them. It came about because I wanted to make Charm Garland. The charm garland pattern calls for the use of a bias tape maker, and for good reason! The tape maker is great!!! I made the entire length (about 10-12 feet) of garland, completely finished, in less than an hour. It is the cutest thing ever, and makes great decorations for Christmas trees and windows year round.

The tape maker works by folding your fabric for you as you iron. After feeding the strip of fabric into the tape maker, you gently pull the tape maker along as you iron the fabric coming out the other end. The result is a perfectly folded strip of fabric in seconds.

The bias tape maker comes in different sizes for making different finished size bindings. At just $7.50, these are a very affordable tool!

No comments: