My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Find a Hobby, Would Ya?

This week being so crazy and all, I've only been able to find good time to blog in the evenings. This presents a problem, since around 5:00 every evening, my Internet connection gets dreadfully slow. Not just a little slow, but so slow that usually the page times out, as if I'm back in my earliest days of dial up!

Otherwise, my connections is super fast. I have Internet through the local cable company, and all I know is it's the fastest and most reliable otherwise I've ever had. The only explanation for the evening issue I can come up with is that the entire town of Deary decides to log on around 5:00. Not likely, you're thinking? Well, if you live here you might know why it's perfectly reasonable to assume that there's nothing else to do here in the evenings except web surf.

I have come up with a solution to this problem. Find a hobby, people of Deary! What's more, I have also come up with the perfect hobby, something you can easily do in Deary, no less! Take up quilting. Your local quilt store will be happy to see you and can help you on your way to becoming a quilting guru. You can all sit down in front of your sewing machines instead of your computers, and I can return to having the lightning fast connection that I've become accustomed to. I'd say it's a win-win situation, wouldn't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I am not in Deary you will be proud, I have to go to a 4-H trianing this weekend in Boise and non of the classes looked interesting so I signed up for every sewing and quilting class they offered. Maybe I will take up a new hobby? I am sure Mike will make me get rid of all the Stampin stuff stacked in in his workshop in boxes that have not been opened for 2 years before I can purchase any fabric. We'll see how that beginner classes go first!

Mindi Johnson said...

Good luck with your classes this weekend. I hope you enjoy them. Be careful, quilting becomes an obsession if you let it!