My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Friday, June 6, 2008

2 Weeks? Try 2 Days!

Last weekend, I got groceries. A LOT of groceries! Almost $200 worth. As I carried them into the house and stuffed them in the cupboards, I announced to anyone within ear shot that this would be enough for 2 weeks. I guess they didn't hear, because those groceries are almost gone.
If you're reading this, go out and invest in Nature's Valley Granola Bars, Danimals Yogurts, and any kind of fruit snacks you can get stock in. My family has managed to eat not 1, not 2, but 4 boxes of granola bars, 20 packages of fruit snacks, and 2 packs of yogurt in one week!!! They're hungry all the time. 5 minutes after finishing pizza for lunch, Will was asking for a granola bar. "How are you still hungry?" I asked him. "Mom, I have lots of empty places left in my tummy," he replied.
On the up side, it's like a built in diet. The 2 pieces of pizza they saved for me mysteriously turned into 1 piece when I turned my back for a couple minutes. And those South Beach Diet Cereal Bars? Even those aren't safe, I'm lucky to get 1 out of each box! Good news for my waist line, bad news for my checkbook!

No comments: