My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Monday, January 7, 2008

Creative Punishment

Several years ago, when my 2 youngest kids went through a biting phase, we used tobassco sauce to cure it. Now, don't go sending me hate mail and turning me in for abuse just yet! It was only the tiniest of drops, they got a drink right away, and it only took once! It was one of the most effective disciplines ever, and did away with the biting immediately! Well, lately all 3 kids have taken to calling eachother names like "poop head" and saying "Ah poop" when something doesn't go their way. So, of course, I broke down and threatened to break out the tobassco again if they wouldn't stop. And now, here's why creative disciplines can be dangerous.....

Sunday, while the kids and I were in town, we stopped at Starbucks. (Yes, I still occassionally support my espresso competition!) While ordering, Will was admiring the packages of cookies at the register, and asked if we could get one. When I said no, he said "Ah pooey!" Quickly realizing his mistake, he says very loudly, "Am I going to get tobassco Mom?" Trying to difuse the situation I quickly say "No," to which he replys quite loudly, "But Mom, I said poop! Am I going to get tobassco?" The girls were giggling behind me, the guy behind the counter was laughing, and even I couldn't help myself, despite the fact that I look like a child abuser, and my kid just shouted "poop" in the middle of Starbucks!

Moral of the story? Choose your punishments carefully!

No comments: