My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tacky Yards, Christmas or Otherwise

A few nights ago I came across the blog, "Tacky Christmas Yards." This is a great blog, in my opinion! You can check it out at http://tackychristmasyards.com. According to the site, the creators receive all kinds of hate mail. I, however, think they deserve an award.
Here in Deary, we have our share of tacky yards, Christmas and otherwise. I may receive my own fair share of hate mail for this, but really, if your holiday decor costs more than your car, you have some priority issues, to say the least!
Here's an idea: there should be another blog that catches yards where holiday decorations are left up all year long. You know what I'm talking about, every small town neighborhood has at least one house where the lights are up all year long. They aren't turned on, just hanging from the gutters and over the fence. Seriously people, if you're going to put them up the least you can do is take them down sometime before the 4th of July! Mine are coming down tomorrow.
As for tacky yards in general, is it really that hard to remove your old car after it no longer runs? There are cars here in town that haven't moved for the past 2 years, at least. If you have to mow around it, and the grass next to it is taller than the tires, perhaps it's time to consider a trip to the junk yard.
One last thing while I'm on the subject of cars: If you have so many cars or so much junk that you can't park them all in your driveway, you have either too many cars or too much junk. (duh, you couldn't figure that out for yourself???) For the rest of us who keep our driveways clear, consider cleaning yours! When the road in front of your house is down to one lane, and people must drive by to get to their own houses, perhaps you could move something out. All it takes is a little effort to clean things up.
I like living here, I just don't like the town looking like no one cares enough to try. There are those of us who work hard to keep our lawns mowed, our driveways cleared, and our weeds pulled. I have a business and 3 kids, so if I can find timne you should too. Follow the example and exert some effort. No one wants to look at your junk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might be a redneck if........ Are you trying to put Jeff Foxworthy out of business? Just kidding, I know exactly where you're coming from. Did I tell you that you should write a book or something under the name of "The Crazy Quilter Diaries?" Just a thought, if you weren't already busy enough.