My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Quilt Wagon

In my earlier post I mentioned Monte's latest project, currently occupying more than it's fair share in our garage. A friend of Monte's got an old 2wd pickup that doesn't run, and they've decided to make a trailer out of it. That's right, we are now officially hill billies, old pickup bed trailer and all! The guys think it's the greatest thing ever, and their already planning on where they'll use it first.

It's such a red neck cliche to have a trailer made out of an old pickup! It's even a lovely color of mustard brown, commonly found in diapers. So, I asked Monte the other day if he knew how back woods his trailer is, and now he's acting all offended like I've insulted his masterpiece. He even named it the "ghetto wagon." Then, yesterday, he tells me that he and his friend have a new plan since I like their trailer so much. They're going to paint it up like a quilt and let me use it to go to quilt shows. He thinks this is rather clever, I think I will pass!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh come on, you are no fun! It would go perfectly with the whole crazy quilter theme :). I would like to see Monte's interpretation of a quilt through painting. It would be rather interesting.