My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Quilting Product of the Week

I am always finding new products that I love, if you stop by the quilt store you've probably heard me talk about some of them already. I've decided to select 1 new thing a week to give my opinions on. This week, I've chosen Best Press Spray Starch.

Released at Fall 2007 Quilt Market, this new spray starch is awesome for several reasons! First, it comes in 3 scents or non-scented if you are sensitive to smells. The scents are lavender, Caribbean breeze, and citrus grove, and I like them all. Second, this starch is not aerosol, so it is better for the environment, plus the nozzle doesn't clog or spit when sprayed. Third, and best of all, this starch works!!! It doesn't flake or spot on the fabric, and it makes the fabric lay perfectly. It is essential in quilt making to iron properly, and this starch makes it easier by giving your fabric just enough stiffness and shape to prevent stretching and make nice, flat seams.

Best Press also works for ironing clothes, linens, or anything else you need to iron. 1 gallon refills are available in each scent and non scent, and they save you the cost of 2 single bottles. If you would like to view the starch, you can see and/or purchase it from me at The Crazy Quilter. I love it, and I will never use any other starch again!

No comments: