My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Fabric, and What's Up With the Roxanne's Basting Glue?

If you're one of those people who love the Roxanne's Baste-It Glue, you may have noticed it's become a little hard to find lately. I've been waiting for a new supply since September! Finally, I found out the scoop, and I should have more glue in stock by the end of next week. Apparantly, the owner cancelled business with many of her distributors after having problems with them. I should have called her directly months ago, because I can order right from her, which is how I'm getting more glue next week.
After a week of waiting anxiously, the new Mementos fabric arrived yesterday. The quilt on my to-do list, Indian Peaks is designed to be made from this fabric, and is absolutly gorgeous! I suppose if I want it to be done anytime soon, I'll be passing it to a friend or my mom to piece, but I will look forward to quilting it.
Yesterday was one of those days when you have all the hopes of getting a lot of stuff done, and in reality you get nothing done! I met with a fabric rep in the morning, and ordered some fabric to come next month. It's a different look than I usually go for, so watch for it soon! I did get groceries, but it was all down hill from there. I planned an afternoon of quilting, but failed to note that the girls got out of school at 1:30, so my afternoon was otherwise occupied making snacks and breaking up fights. After the shop closes today, I'll be quilting my heart out, trying desparately to catch up! (unless that kickboxing, treadmill loving alter ego dares to show her face!)

No comments: